Monday, February 3, 2014

Paramount Fine Foods

Cute not so little Middle Eastern Restaurant.  I visited the Yonge St. location in Thornhill.  I didn't realize it was so big inside!  Ordering here is a bit odd, just not what I was expecting.  You walk up to the order desk and place your order.  Then you find a table and sit wherever you would like.  Your ordered food then gets brought out to you.  After you are done eating then you walk to the cashier to pay.

Food was good.  We all loved the warm fluffy pitas that were brought out to us.  They look like giant puffy balls.  We ordered 2 pizzas, spinach & cheese, and beef pepperoni, falafels, mixed grill plate dinner and a chicken schwarma dinner.

The pizzas were just so-so.  Instead of pizza crust it was essentially pizza toppings on a pita.  It wasn't bad, just different.
Spinach & Cheese Pizza

Beef Pepperoni Pizza



















Falafels were really good.  Pipping hot when brought out and the outsides were super crunchy.  A sign that they're made to order and weren't sitting in a hot tray waiting to be gathered for an order.  Surprisingly, the size of the falafels were much bigger than we thought.  I loved the pickles that accompanied the dishes.  I could eat them forever.
Falafels











Mixed Grill Dinner, I can't really remember what was in there.  There was just many different kinds of beef prepared in different ways, and a skewer of chicken.  The rice I remember being very good, had very nice subtle flavouring to it.  I can only guess that there was cardamom in there somewhere.  I love their garlic sauce.  So flavourful.  Make sure that your dinner guests eat with you, so they can't smell your stinky garlic breath :).
Mixed Grill Dinner











The chicken schwarma was passable.  It wasn't flavoured as nice as it could be.  The meat had too much gristle in there for me.  And when eating chicken schwarma, I look for the crispy bits, but I didn't find any.  I'm not sure if it's because I don't eat fries very often, but they seemed to have tasted very good.  But when I look back at the picture, they just look like store bought fries.  So I guess I was just craving fries....
Chicken Shwarma Dinner











Overal, a decent place for Middle Eastern food.  I would come back, but wouldn't necessarily rush back either.

Paramount Fine Foods
7315 Yonge St.
Thornhill, ON
L3T 2B2

905-886-4600

Hours: Sunday - Thursday 8am - 10pm
            Friday - Saturday 8am - 11pm

http://www.paramountfinefoods.com/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...