Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Rahier Patisserie

I paid Rahier a visit the day after I came back from Vancouver, where the coffee is amazing, and there's an abundance of great pastries, including croissants.  I can't even count how many I had over there.  I still have to blog about the eateries in Vancouver, but I have to find time to put together some of the pictures so the post won't be so super blog heavy.

I just wanted a simple breakfast of croissant and latte.  I googled best Croissant, and looked for the one that was in closest proximity of my appointment for the day.  And it turned out to be Rahier.  I think I should have walked out as soon as I stepped my foot in the door.  I didn't smell any fresh bread or pastries, even though behind the counter, it was full.  I got a pain au chocolat (because my husband prefers those) and latte, the husband got a roast beef sandwich on baguette and a regular coffee and sat down.

Presentation wise, the latte was really bad.  I don't know if it was because there was such beautiful latte art at all coffee shops in Vancouver that I got used to it.  The pain au chocolat was gorgeous.  But that ends there.  Hardly any butter flavour and was more bready than anything.  So disappointed. Rahier was listed as #8 back in 2010.  Did I come here too late?  The baguette was horrible.  The bread was chewy, and they didn't warm it up.  Coffee was just so-so.  So far the best croissant in Toronto in my opinion is Jules.  I should have gone there instead.

Pain au Chocolat, Latte, Coffee, and Baguette Sandwich











Rahier Patisserie
1586 Bayview Avenue,
Toronto, ON
M4G 3B7
416-482-0917

Hours:  Monday - Sunday 7am - 5pm

http://www.rahierpatisserie.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...