Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rose and Sons

I'm always on the look out for good breakfast/brunch places.  And now that I've decided that in order to be able to fit in some running time, I have to wake up at 7am on either Saturday or Sunday.  Perfect for trying new places for my favourite meal of the day!

The hubby had a request for a heavier meal, even though it was brunch, and I wanted a normal brunch meal.  We arrived at Rose and Sons at the perfect time, at 11am.  We were seated right away.  The people that arrived after us had to wait.  One thing to note, there isn't much seating there, and what they do have of seating is mostly communal.  So if you're not comfortable with communal seating, then you don't need to come here, although you would be missing out on some delicious food.  I ordered the all day breakfast which came with 3 eggs, bacon, schmaltz hash (I just found out schmaltz = chicken fat), and toast (the bread was made in house!  Soooooo good!).  The bacon was thick sliced, which made it seem like I wasn't actually eating bacon because it was melt in your mouth, flavour was also very good.  I wonder if they smoke it themselves.  The schmaltz hash was seasoned well, but a little too greasy for my liking, and it needed to be crispier.
All Day Breakfast











Hubby was contemplating between the duck confit or the fried chicken, and couldn't make up his mind.  So we consulted with our waitress and she said her favourite is the duck confit, so duck confit it was!  The duck confit dish, to our surprise, arrived as a whole duck leg topped with an egg, hollandaise sauce, potato hash, and an arugula and walnut salad.  Never seen a duck leg for breakfast/brunch.  The duck confit was melt in your mouth good!  I think thats the theme for the restaurant, melt in your mouth good!
Duck Confit











As we were leaving, our waitress told us that they have a BBQ smoke house right behind them which serves BBQ brunch!  So I guess they most likely smoke the bacon themselves.  Name of the restaurant is Big Crow.  Thats next on my hit list!

Rose and Sons
176 Dupont St.
Toronto, ON
M5R 2E6

647-748-3287

Hours:  Monday - Friday 9am till the joint closes
             Saturday - Sunday 9am - 3pm, 5pm till the joint closes

http://roseandsons.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...