Wednesday, June 11, 2014

B&B Cafe

I used to hate HK style cafes.  The food just never appealed to me.  I much rather preferred Western styled breakfasts.  But ever since returning from a visit to Hong Kong a couple of years ago, my opinion changed.  Partly due to the influence from the significant other.  He loves the breakfasts from the HK style cafes.  So we began to look for the simple breakfast meals that usually give you a good amount of food, for a relatively low cost.  You would think that this would be easy to find because most Chinese plazas have one of these.  But some the flavourings are off (don't ask me how, because the meals are so easy to make), some are expensive, and I don't know, maybe it's just the feel.

On one of our Saturday morning rituals now, yes our Saturdays are very predictable, a sign of old age? We came to B&B Cafe for our breakfast.  Their breakfast offerings are very typical of HK Style Cafes, a noodle in soup with some meat served with toast & eggs, and coffee or tea.  All of that for usually $5.

B&B Cafe Breakfast Menu

B&B Cafe All Day Menu














I ordered Breakfast D, toast & butter, eggs, macaroni & ham in soup.  And the husband ordered the Satay Meal, egg sandwich and satay beef in vermicelli in soup.   As I said it's nothing spectacular.  But it's good.  I would suggest not to order the egg sandwich here though.  The scrambled eggs came out a bit tough.  And I have to apologize, I forgot to take a picture of the satay beef on vermicelli in soup.

Egg Sandwich

Ham & Macaroni in Soup

Butter Toast & Eggs



























We come back to this place when we want to be close to home for a quick HK style breakfast.  Again, it's nothing super good, but it's kind of like comfort food.  I guess it also helps when you get the vibe that it's a family run restaurant as well.  They also offer typical Chinese stir fry dishes, noodles, fried rice etc for lunch and dinner.  I have been meaning to check them out for lunch and dinner, but just haven't had a chance yet.

B&B Cafe
50 Bur Oak Ave,
Markham, ON
L6C 0A2

905-887-1068

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...