Friday, July 25, 2014

Bakery Hopping

This was a bad idea.....a very bad idea.  And yet my friend was trying to convince me to fit in MORE places.  We essentially went to 3 bakeries downtown before dinner because we had 1.5 hours to kill.  My tastebuds loved me that night, but my stomach tells me that if I continue to do this, I will have to buy new pants.

Our first stop was Le Gourmand.  This was my suggestion since another one of my evil friends decided to take a picture of their gorgeous spread of cakes and cookies and post it on FB.  I bought 3 cookies, 3 very delicious cookies, 2 chocolate chunk and 1 walnut chocolate chunk.  They had to be the greasiest cookies i've ever eaten, but so melty chocolately, buttery, chewy and oozing.  Definitely need to limit the trips I make to Le Gourmand, but i'm sure that if and when I decide to go back, I will be purchasing more of these cookies!  Price wise, they are quite expensive I think, but who knows this could be the normal price that cookies cost.  I normally don't buy cookies because I make my own.  But I have to say, the cookies were quite large, and based on taste, worth every penny.
Walnut Chocolate Chunk & Chocolate Chunk Cookies











Second Stop was Nadege.  I've read many mixed reviews of this place since they have opened up, so thats why I haven't been earlier.  I bought their signature dessert, the Marie Antoinette which is what I would describe as a vanilla custard tart topped with mini macarons, mini croissants, and some macarons.  The macarons on top of the tart weren't particularly good, quite dry as a matter of fact.  But it was cute.  The 'normal' macarons were very good, crisp exterior and slightly chewy inside, just the way I like them.  The mini croissants I didn't get a chance to try until the next morning, and i'm not sure if thats why, but I found them to be a little dry.
Marie Antoinette
Green Tea & Coffee Macarons


Mini Croissants























Last stop was Forno Cultura since it was right by where we were having dinner.  Walking into this bakery, I was in what I would consider heaven for me.  So much fresh baked bread......all different shapes, colours and flavours.  I love bread.  I could eat bread and butter every meal.  I'm sure again if I attempted that, I would need to buy new pants, so I try not to eat as much bread as I would like.  I wish I remembered to take pictures, but I bought a lemon shortbread, and a bread that was very similar to what I would call a foccacia.  But I don't think it was a foccacia because it was much thicker, it was like a round loaf topped with tomatoes, onions and herbs.  I could easily eat that without any butter.

Le Gourmand
152 Spadina Ave.
Toronto, ON
M5V 3S6

416-866-2127

Hours:  Monday -Friday 7:00a - 8:00p
             Saturday 9:00a - 6:00p
             Sunday 9:00a - 5:00p

http://legourmand.ca

Nadege Patisserie
780 Queen St W
Toronto, ON
M6J 1G2

416-368-2009

Hours: Monday - Wednesday 8:00a - 8:00p
            Thursday - Saturday 8:00a - 9:00p
            Sunday 8:00a - 7:00p

http://www.nadege-patisserie.com

Forno Cultura
609 King St. W
Toronto, ON
M5V 1M5

416-603-8305

Hours:   Monday Closed
              Tuesday - Saturday 7:30a - 9:30p
              Sunday 8:00a - 6:00p

http://fornocultura.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...