Thursday, December 31, 2015

De Mello Palheta


As I’m trying to cut down my caffeine intake, I somehow end up checking out more coffee shops.  Sounds counterproductive right?  I used to have a coffee a day out of habit only because I love the taste.  No more daily coffees.  Now I try to limit caffeine intake to the weekends for when we may perhaps pass by a good coffee shop. 

For the hubby’s bday, we both took the day off because we both had days that we needed to use up by the end of the year or they would be gone.  So of course, we went to check out a coffee shop midtown Toronto.  I’ve passed by De Mello Palheta many many times (my favourite skincare line is just a couple of stores down) but never went in, because the front of the store looked too eclectic for me.  I’m so glad that we decided to pop in.  I think in terms of distance from my house, even though this is quite far, this is has become my favorite coffee shop.  I took a sip of the latte I ordered and I had an OMG moment.   I’ve never had that with coffee before.  I don’t’ even know how to describe it.  I just knew I wanted another.  We also ordered a chocolate chip cookie, and a smores bar.  The chocolate chip cookie was ok, kinda chewy.  The smores bar I didn't like too much, the hubby enjoyed it.  I believe they make everything themselves.  We sat in the back of the store, where they have an open-ish kitchen where I saw someone prepping food.
Latte & Cappuccino, Cookie & Smores Bar










They don't just do espresso based drinks here.  They also have a 'coffee bar' where they allow you to choose from different drip options.  I believe they have the pour over, chemex, and siphon options.

A few days later I went to buy some stuff from my favourite skincare line, and I popped back into De Mello Palheta for a flat white.  I was craving one all day.  Took one sip, and had another OMG moment.  There must be something special in their roasts that keeps pulling me back.

De Mello Palheta
2489 Yonge St.,
Toronto, ON
M4P 2H6

Phone:  (647) 748-3633

Hours:  Monday - Friday 7:00am - 8:00pm
             Saturday - Sunday 8:00am - 8:00pm

http://www.hellodemello.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...