Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Le Fournil Bakery

Popped into this little bakery to grab some dessert.  By the time I got there, there was maybe an hour left to close, and selection was starting to run a bit thin.  Breads were practically non existent, there were a few croissants, and a few individual cake slices available.  I picked up a butter croissant, and a slice of carrot cake.  No picture of the croissant because I inhaled it in the car because I was hungry.  It was nice and flakey on the outside (I was covered in croissant crumbs), inside was a bit bready for my liking, and also it missing that rich buttery fatty taste.  I think missing the buttery taste is probably because the milk/butter in Alberta isn't the greatest from what I've discovered.

The carrot cake was done well, could have had more cinnamon in my opinion.  But that's probably because I love cinnamon.  But it was nice and moist, with lots of carrot shreds it in, and had a nice cream cheese frosting on top.
Carrot Cake













Pricing wise, I found to be higher than in Toronto.  But as I've mentioned before in another post, food in Alberta seems to be higher than in Toronto in general.

Le Fournil Bakery
1205 Bow Valley Trail,
Canmore, AB
T1W 1P5

Phone:  (403) 675-5005

Hours:  Monday CLOSED
             Tuesday - Sunday 800a - 600p

http://fournil.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...