Thursday, November 30, 2017

Sidewalk Citizen Bakery

One of my favourite places to eat at in Calgary.  Everything was delicious.  We went for brunch on the weekend, and it was packed in there.  There's a few tables for people that want to eat in, and a few tables on the patio if it's warm enough to eat out.  The lineup to order and pay was out the door!  Lineups are usually good signs.

That particular morning I just wanted something simple, I ordered bread, butter and a fried egg.  The bread was fresh sourdough bread that they bake.  Crispy crust and chewy sour inside, topped with butter, delicious! Hubby ordered a breakfast sandwich.  That came with fried egg, bacon, avocado and arugula all on a brioche type bun.  Great combination ingredients, but super messy to eat with the sunny side up egg.
Brunch 










After enjoying breakfast, we grabbed a scone (chocolate pear), and fruit topped danish (theres a better name for it, I just don't remember) to go.  So glad I was feeling like a glutton that morning.  The scone and danish were delicious.  The scone had just enough chocolate to make it a sweet treat without it being overly sweet and dense.  I liked the combination as well, not a common one, or at least not that I've noticed, elsewhere.  The danish, pastry part of it, buttery, flakey deliciousness.  One of the best danishes I've ever had.
Chocolate Pear Scone, Fruit Danish










The plan was to go back the morning that we were to fly back to Toronto.  That plan failed when we ran late.  I was so disappointed.....  If I'm ever back in Calgary, I'm going there for breakfast every single morning.

Sidewalk Citizen Bakery
618 Confluence Way SE
Calgary Alberta
T2G 0G1

Phone:  (403) 457-2245

Hours:  Monday - Thursday 800a - 300p
             Friday - Sunday 800a -400p

http://sidewalkcitizenbakery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...